WE NEED MORE LOVE IN OUR COMMUNITIES.
The Goal of African American Matchmaking: To Help You Find a Loving Relationship!
Most of us enjoy flowers. They stimulate many of our senses in a positive way, all at once. Flowers are beautiful to look at, smell great, and feel soft.
Most people feel happier when they receive gifts and giving flowers is one of the most popular gifts that couples exchange. You can stare at flowers and always see something new, smell the scent of the blooms, or rub their soft petals between your fingers.
Different colors stimulate different emotions and have different meanings. For example, red symbolizes deep love and passion, pink stands for romantic love, white for peace, and yellow stimulates health and happiness. How do we extend the life of our flowers to extend the mood?
You can put carefully pruned cut flowers in water. Flowering plants will last longer since they are rooted in enriching soil which keeps them alive to go through different growth stages that include a dormancy period with no flowers and a blooming period, often with vibrant blooms.
Green foliage, even without any colorful flowers, often brightens a room and contributes to a nurturing environment. But of course, like any plant, you must take care of flowering plants, whether indoors or outdoors, and they are varying degrees of maintenance for each type. Don’t worry! There are low-maintenance flowering plants and high maintenance ones, so there are lots of options to choose from. Try giving a flowering plant to someone as a gift or giving one to yourself and see how it brightens the day.
“Hanging out” or group dating is popular, especially among singles in their teens, 20′ s and 30′s. But it’s appropriate for all ages. Different from the hook-up mentality of many who do not desire long-lasting, committed relationships, there are many advantages to doing group outings instead of dating one-on-one. Group dates are most helpful for matchmaking if all members of the group are open to new experiences, people, and want partners.
1. There is less pressure. Because there are more people, even double-dating can ease the pressure of getting to know someone with romantic potential. You are less likely to be individually scrutinized and tested on how well you impress and entertain. This reduces stress and puts the emphasis on what really matters–enjoying yourself and being social.
2. It’s economical and promotes equality. You can split the costs evenly and enjoy activities that you might not be able to do on your own, such as gourmet dinners where food a few dishes are shared among guests at the table.
3. You have support. The fellas have each other and so do the gals. You can bond together as a group and individually. You have each other’s backs, if necessary and have another person to balance thoughts and opinions.
4. There are opportunities to meet new, compatible people. Blind dating is less traumatic and as easy as “bring a friend.” Usually, there is increased compatibility because group members are linked by some mutual association like family, occupation, or acquaintances.
5. It’s fun! By keeping things lighter and in the moment, you can relax more and let the fun side of your personality shine.
If you feel a connection in the group setting, then one-on-one dates are an ideal way to have a more personalized, up-close experience that may lead to something more committed and intimate later.
Sexual intimacy is often mistaken for intimacy, in general. It’s not! In fact, sexual intimacy is the easiest type of intimacy for some people to achieve, even though it has the potential to be one of the most intense.
Intimacy is much more than sexual affection and physical touch. True intimacy involves reciprocity, mutual trust, respect, and admiration. A conversation can be intimate. A look can be intimate. Body language can also be an obvious sign of intimacy, or lack of.
Intimacy is a feeling beyond the physical sensation of touch. It involves a bond that is more than superficial. The capacity for intimacy is an indication of being able to be in a healthy, loving relationship.
Watching the sunset. Hiking in the woods. Swimming in the ocean. Bonding with trees. Seeing animals play. Making a wish upon a star. Being close to nature brings us closer to who we really are, which is love. Try this:
- If you date online, use a picture of yourself with a natural background as your profile picture
- On your first date, visit a lake, the ocean, the mountains, or a meadow
- Eat outdoors whenever the weather is nice, even if it is just a balcony or sidewalk cafe
- Breathe deeply and take in fresh air whenever possible
- Be kind to all living creatures, big and small
- Observe a tree in all of its glory (really pay attention to all the details!)
- Go outside on a sunny day and enjoy the feeling of the sun on your skin
Think of love, loving relationships, being in love, having love, enjoying love while you do nature-loving things. Being loving attracts love.
If her mother is important to her, she should be important to you, too! Most women value their mother’s opinion, especially when it comes to relationships. When you meet her mother for the first time, what do you do? Her approval or disapproval can make or break you.
The mother-daughter bond is usually a strong one. Her whole life, she has likely been getting advice from her mother. As her current boyfriend, her mother may hear about all of your disagreements and be solicited regarding major relationship decisions. How can you get the nod of approval and get her to be on your side, too?
- Let her mother know that your intentions are to make her daughter happy.
- Be proactive in inviting her mother to special family events.
- Include her Mom in gift-giving during holiday celebrations.
- Introduce your mother to let your girl know that you have a mother, too!
- Understand that a strong mother-daughter relationship is “normal” and don’t fight it.
- Avoid comparing her to her mother.
- Treat her daughter like a queen at all times.